Thursday, January 9, 2014

Paleo Slow Cooker Cilantro Avocado Italian Meatballs

Mmmmmm! These meatballs are so tender and flavourful,  you will impress even the toughest Paleo lifestyle critics!

I use these meatballs in many different recipes such as Spagetti Squash'n Meatballs, Paleo Italian Wedding Soup, and Meatballs with "dream" of mushroom soup over cauli-rice.

I always make a larger amount than I actually need so that I can freeze or refridgerate the extra meatball "meat" to use in a second recipe.

INGREDIENTS :

1/2 avocado
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2lb pasture ground pork
1/2lb grass fed ground beef
1tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp italian seasoning
2tsp seasalt
1/2 cup diced onion
2 eggs

INSTRUCTIONS :

In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients.
Using hands, mix well.
Use a fork if necessary to thoroughly combine the avocado.

Refrigerate the meatball meat for 1 hour.  I find this helps firm up the meat and to mold the meatballs. 

Using your hands, roll the meat into tablespoon sized balls.

I always reserve some of the meatball meat for later.  I store it in the refridgerator.

Place the meatballs in the bottom of the slow cooker.

Cover with homemade pomodoro sauce, or organic tomato sauce.

Sprinkle with extra garlic powder, italian seasoning, and seasalt.

Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Serve over spagetti squash or Zucchini noodles!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn